ABOUT THIRUNALLAR

About Thirunallar


Help Desk Phone Numbers: 04368-236530, 04368-236504.

Thirunallar is one of the most famous holy places in South India located in Karaikal which is 160 km south of Pondicherry (Pudhucherry). Thirunallar is famous for Lord Saneeshwara's (Saturn) temple. The only temple where Lord Saneeshwara lost all his power to Lord Shiva (Dharbaranyeshwarar) which saved his devotee Nalan from Saturn's curses. That's the story about the temple. A lot of People visit the place every Saturday to get similar blessings.

"Nala Theertham", we people call it as "Nalangulam", the sacred tank (holy pond), is where pilgrims cleanse their curses and sins. It is located at a walkable distance from the main temple. The "Golden Crow" and "Maragadha Lingam (made of emerald)" are also famous here.

It is a very small place with its town area measuring less than a square kilo meter. As a result, you can see that the main place is totally being crowded on Saturdays. You can find full of tourist buses all around the temple.

Since it is a Saturn temple, all Saturdays are always special. Special pooja's are made on Saturdays. I suggest the pilgrims to make a visit on non-saturdays if at all possible (if at all you can) to have luxurious dharshan avoiding crowds.

Temple Entry Passes

This is as I heard recently from my close school friend from Thirunallar:

There are free as well as paid ticket entries. The difference would be in the waiting time and vicinity. See a comparison below:
#Entry TypeAmountDetails
1FREE EntryRs.0/-
  • General Public Queue (Free)
  • May have to wait in case of rush
  • Normal vicinity to god
2PAID EntryApproximately Rs.200/-
  • General Public Queue (Paid)
  • May still have to wait in case of rush
  • Better vicinity to god compared to the Free one
3SPECIAL Entry
(Cannot be purchased directly.)
Approximately Rs.800/-
  • Special/VIP Queue
  • Closer vicinity to god compared to any other queue
  • But, cannot be purchased directly
Based on your need, you may go for the most suitable option.

By the way, the same friend of mine said for needy people, he can arrange for the Special Entry for Saturdays as not everyone can get those passes. Please note, he is NOT a guide!!! He will only get you the special entry and WILL NOT and CANNOT ASSIST any further. He said he can arrange the entry only if informed on or before the Thursday. If you are interested, you may contact him directly during IST hours at his mobile number +91-8754958418 (Again, please remember he is NOT a guide. Also, I request you not to call him for other enquiries as he will be busy in his own office work). If there are any issues or concerns while and/or after availing this facility, please do drop a comment here - I will ensure corrective actions.

Folks who recently visited, please share your experience.

About Me


Hello There!

This is Elavazhagan.Thirunallar is my native place wherein I was born and brought up. I did my schooling at various Government schools at Thirunallar and Karaikal. I did my B.Tech in Computer Science from Pondicherry Engineering College and M.Tech in Remote Sensing from College of Engineering, Anna University, Chennai. Right now, I am into the same IT field like what most of the other Engineers are into ;).

Please note that I am not a "theist". I created this blog only to help tourists who visit my native place. Nothing more than that ;-). I have tried my best to give you the right information about Thirunallar here. I apologize if I still have provided something wrong without my knowledge.

Cheers!!!
Ela.

Thirunallar (Karaikal) Location Map



View Larger Map






29 comments:

  1. nice details mate, its really helpful for me to reach out there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Details provided in this website is gr8

    ReplyDelete
  3. This site is very nice and helpful... Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent Site to know about Navagraha temples Thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This site is very good to know about Thirunallar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gr8 work done by u..
    The information related to tirunallar is excellent.
    Awaiting more postings from you reg programming basics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Ela,
    i am Sridhar frm coimbatore.
    i planed to visit Thirunallar on 6th nov,This blog is very much useful fr me to knw abt ur native, really gr8 work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi ela,
    excellent thought...& well done
    keep going..

    ReplyDelete
  9. great work buddy..thanks for the different route options

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks a lot its very helpful kindly update

    prasobh
    kerala

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi....Good Job dude.... I found it very useful.. thanks a lot... keep the good work

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi,
    good job! very helpful. I liked the way you have given all the details, so specific. It shows how passionate you are about your home town....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi
    Thanks for your fantastic initiative. I am from Hyderabad and plng to visit your home town around the first week of Jan'12. can you let me know what would be the best/shortest way to reach. Also do we have some hotels in tirunallar that I can probably call for accomodation.

    Cheers,
    Ravikanth

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, This is a nice site. I just wanted to let you know that if it is not possible to visit Thirunallar personally one can order for puja at website www.thirunallar.org - they do the puja and send prasadam and yanthra along with photo. I got a lot of peace of mind after doing puja through them during my janma shani period

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Dear friend Elavazhagan.. thanks for this blog which helps many people like me..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello, I have had the opportunity to go to Thirunallar May 2012 and I should like to share an incident that could help future travellers. Do not stay in 'Siva Thangum Viduthi'. This place is a ripoff. We had to stay there as it was late and we had my sister's little boy with us. The sheets were dirty and we had to request to change them. The room was in shamble. No soap, towels, etc for a place that charged us Rs.2800 for a night. When asked for towels, the guy at the counter laughed sarcastically. and told me that he is aware that he is ripping us off. Also he charged the same rent for a 4 person suite as a 6 person suite, i found out the next morning. Overall, This is a bad place and avoid it at all costs. The alternative could be Ramya's residency nearby in 1 km. We wished we stayed there instead but they were all booked that night. Plan ahead when going to Thirunallar.

    Cheers,
    Vijay

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes I have ordered prasadam from www.thirunallar.org also

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Elavazhagan....I'm rajesh menon from coimbatore. Firstly i thank you for the pain you had put in.Very good and informative blog.Let the good work cotinue... hereafter when i think of thirunallar i think of ela too.... with regards...

    ReplyDelete
  20. hi ela thnx for the good work put in... very informative and useful blog.... let the good work continue. with rgds.. rajesh menon

    ReplyDelete
  21. hai

    i m from bangalore, i am planning to visit this place on saturday, can you tell me procedure to worship

    ReplyDelete
  22. hiii im from chennai. i like to visit thirunallar temple so please me tell the nearest railway station to reach thirunallar temple

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Ela, I came across your blog today.. Looks informative.. Btb I plan to visit Tirunallar during June 2016.. Can you please share his name to contact your friend and request for Special Passes.
    Regards
    Venkatesh

    ReplyDelete

  24. Heya¡­my very first comment on your site. ,I have been reading your blog for a while and thought I would completely pop in and drop a friendly note. . It is great stuff indeed. I also wanted to ask..is there a way to subscribe to your site via email?


    Bridal Makeup in Trichy

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is a big list. There is so much stuff out there so this makes things simple. Thanks!! Bridal Makeup in Chennai

    ReplyDelete